Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day79 - Naked Yoga

We began the affair in November. Often upon waking my first thoughts would be of her smooth white curves, soft lines, hushed tones. I didn't know what to make of her at first but she was there for me day after day.

Wii Fit is easily one of the best investments I've ever made & the balance board is now a trusted companion. My routine's pretty simple: flop out of bed straight onto the board, weigh in, start:

Deep Breathing
Half-Moon
Sun Salutation
Palm Tree
Chair
Downward-Facing Dog
Grounded V (Masochism 101)
Parallel Stretch (Advanced Masochism)

Then onto the swiss ball (t-shirt required in winter, brrrr), mat and medicine ball:

Back Extensions
Upper Ab Crunches
TVA Twists
Lower Ab Leg-raises
various lower body stretches

If it's not a gym day & I'm feeling extra self-flagelistic, I might do the Push-Up or Parallel Stretch Challenges on the Wii. Or both.

All up it's only around 15-30mins, 5-6 times a week, but those few minutes a day have changed me both physically & emotionally. My vitality & energy has increased, along with an alertness to an acute degree that I'd never experienced before. Now that I've maintained this regime for over 6 months I feel confident in recommending the beautiful white plank to anyone who'll listen.

Every home should have one.

-

Blind Melon - Dear Ol' Dad

"Come now listen babe
I gotta reason why I behave
Like a child with a light in his eyes
Runnin' naked on a cold winter night
Like a pigeon that's spreading its wings to fly away to better things
Like a hammer that has made a dent in every single cent you've spent"

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...