Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day66 - Sculptors of Sound

We had one of our thrice-weekly band meeting/recording sessions today, wherein we listened to the 4 songs that comprise our EP & proceeded to pick them apart in detail from a technical & production point of view, and list out any final changes required. For a promotional collection, it's shaping up to be excellent quality, however there are still sections that require tweaking/re-recording.

Although we've each had varying degrees of recording experience, this is the first time any of us has recorded acoustic instruments with serious intent, so the learning curve is apparent. This is also the first time I've had the input of an official producer - let alone one located in Europe ...who I've never met! Fortunately I'm extremely happy with the results.

The concept of the music producer is interesting in that it adds a new dynamic to the project - they often become the unofficial transient member of the band. I'm hoping we retain "Z" at least for the remaining 9 songs that will eventually make up the 3-part album, if for nothing else, the consistancy of sound. With around 85% of the material completed, we have a good idea of how the end product will sound. I say product, but chances are we will give most of it away, if not all.

Contained within the project there are already some truly beautiful moments, some of which I've been a fortunate witness to, and some I've been integral in creating.

This means more to me than most things in life.

I'm glad, because otherwise, today was filled with an ache born of the void.

(Wed 20100714)

-

We'll probably end up sounding nothing like this, but here is the benchmark. If we sound only half as amazing, I'll be happy.

Days of the New - Seasons Change

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...