Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day59 - Jane Avril

Today I discovered Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec and Jane Avril (1899) in a Gloria Jeans cafe of all places. Wednesdays are the meeting days for myself & a group of friends, a couple of them also being fellow bandmates. I'd seen the picture before but never thought much of it, possibly because of the distraction of company, conversation & curves, but today I was first to arrive & quite accidentally positioned myself directly in line of sight. I glanced a few more times before noticing the snake - that's when I connected.



I could talk about how my band's game plan has been set in motion for the next 2 months; I could talk about how my delayed onset muscle soreness kicked in 24 hours earlier than the usual 48; I could talk about how I intentionally walked in the rain for 15 minutes; I could talk about the chat I started up with a lovely elderly lady on the bus; but right now I'd rather just contemplate this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...