Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day68 - Flight

I was eavesdropping on a 10 or 11 year old girl on the bus today - part of a bunch of happy, giggling girls heading to a birthday party by way of the city. She was on the phone talking to her daddy. This choked me up to the point where I wished I had my sunglasses on, so I just stared out the window and focused on the Opera House as we passed by. It's always a beautiful sight.

I'm missing my little girl a lot. It takes a lot to go through each day putting the "missing" part out of my mind while still keeping thoughts of her there, but I'm somewhat practiced at it.

I know bottling isn't the healthiest of methods for dealing with this sort of struggle, and I do talk about it with select friends & family, but there is a limit to their understanding regarding this. I used to have someone close to me that I could open up to, who knew me so well that I could say absolutely anything to & know I'd be understood, and with a genuine interest in what I had to say and compassion that simply made this sort of situation that much easier. With that level of knowing comes a price, paid in full. No regrets, but I do miss this, as I miss my daughter.

So I jumped online & booked my next trip to see her, wishing I could book a second flight to see my friend.

(Fri 20100716)

-

Blind Melon - Galaxie

"verbal pocket play"

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...