Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day71 - Eyes

If there's one thing that's universally beautiful about humans, it's the eyes. I've never seen a set that didn't hold at least some visual pleasure. Though I do have my favourites, they're not based on colour as much as intensity. Those which radiate, pierce with soft barbs, and draw the viewer in, like a black hole pulling all to it's infinite centre. Drawing nearer, you can distinguish the cornucopia of colours - even in what may appear to be the most monochromatic eyes. All it takes is the time to notice, and the awareness of such things.

Sometimes I'll lose myself in the eyes of others while talking to them. I'm greedy like that - wanting to investigate every fleck & capture each inspirational moment that is sparked upon discovery - knowing that there is an excellent chance that these eyes have never been explored so fully, each set sitting there, overtly waiting like an uncharted universe. When these moments inspire song, I feel the Oneness. I've written more songs in 2010 than in previous years, and eyes have played a large part in this.

I gazed into a beautiful pair today. There was something very comforting behind them, yet they held their mystery. Some eyes divulge all secrets. Some eyes throw an aethereal lasoo around the veiwer, ensnaring, binding. Some hold the spark of recognition, knowing. Some will melt you into submission, until you are lost in them for a split second of eternity. Some do all of the above.

If ever struggling to find visual beauty in a person, in one's self, at the very least the eyes should be proof enough.

(Mon 20100719)

-

Blind Melon - St. Andrew's Fall

"I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat
and viewed my life today, but I can tell you
I don't think that I can find an easier way
So if I see you walking hand in hand in hand
with a three armed man, you know I'll understand
But you should've been in my shoes yesterday"

-

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree about eyes. There's a reason people have said they are the windows to the soul. Eyes are my favourite feature of a person, and then smiles - proper ones, unforced, spontaneous ones. These smiles show in the eyes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiles are a close second for me too. I like watching for those candid, slight smiles that most people wouldn't take the time to notice. It's like I'm in on a happy little secret.

    Not to forget how completely infectious smiles are =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...