Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day76 - 8 Hours

Today was spent recording guitar parts ...8 hours worth!

Admittedly, none of the parts were mine, so I split most of the time between sneaking strips of chicken breast & sugar-free V, "consulting" between takes and writing new material in another room while my 2 cohorts handled the engineering & performance. I also worked on some concept art that my brain decided it would imagine while listening to beautiful guitar licks being playing over & over (and over). Much as I try, when it gets all creative I just can't argue with my brain.

While not back-breaking labour, recording days require much sustained mental focus, and if performing, some physical stamina. The net result being similar to working a 6th day at a dayjob, and I'm not cut out to work 6 days (hell, I'm not cut out to work 5), so I ended what was left of the day by unwinding in a safely debaucherous style: laying in bed munching iceblocks while alternating between movies and books.

A long day, yet most fulfilling. One step closer to the end product.

(Sat 20100724)

-

I had this song on repeat for about an hour this morning while preparing the recording space:

Supertramp - Give A Little Bit

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...