Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day75 - Glitch

I found a song today that I'd been looking for for over a decade.

Late one night around 1999 - back when I used to watch TV - I awoke on the couch at some small hour with a music channel on and at the tail end of one of the most amazing live performances I'd seen. It was instant love - exactly the kind of music that speaks to me: acoustic guitars, amazing vocals, inspiring & soothing sounds.

The problem was, I had no idea who the band was - in the 20-30 seconds that I had my eyes half open I didn't recognise any of the participants. I'd hoped to hear from them again being as they were so good, but it was not to be. This has stayed with me ever since; wondering when I'd again get to hear what could potentially be my favourite band of all time.

Today while watching the video below, I recognised the concert I'd seen a snippet of all those years ago. It turned out to be one of my favourite bands all along, only singing a song I'd never heard. Since their amazing vocalist died in 1995 (at the age of 28), it's no surprise that Blind Melon's music was heard with decreasing frequency.

I'm glad in a way that I can close the case on this particular mystery, but also a bit bummed that the mystery band didn't turn out to be a new addition to my musical encyclopaedia.

I often wonder who & when the next band I fall in love with will be.

(Fri 20100723)

-

I wrote a new song today "Forbidden", very much in the vein of "Glitch". Quite a departure from our usual sound, but so much fun to just lose yourself within.

But first, something a bit more accessible:

Blind Melon - Change

Blind Melon - Glitch

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...