Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Friday, September 17, 2010

Day131 - Fries

I'm very strict with my food intake, but I also recognize the glory that is the almighty french fry. Food abstinence makes the breaking of said that much more enjoyable. Like drinking diet cola for months then consuming a real coke, a french fry cooked well is a talisman of golden perfection.

As such I have developed a weekly fast food ritual: I visit the local Oporto most Friday nights after drinks at the work bar if I'm headed home that night, and order a double or triple grilled chicken breast burger with avocado, tomato and pineapple, fries with lemon herb dipping sauce and a coke zero. Oporto have reasonable portions, no "bucket" sizes, even when ordering the large.

This meal and my daily mochas are probably the main reason I don't have a 6-pack, but I'm okay with that, at least for the time being.

The guys & girls who work there quite like me; proof in that they're always smiling, friendly, and they remember my order, often completing it before I finish. Most importantly, they never mess it up.

Jamie Oliver and his table full of golden-fried foods almost put me off other artery-clogging delicacies, but fries remain.

I remind myself that it could be worse.

Much worse.

Easily.

-

One of my favourite songs.

Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...