Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day122 - Chiba

When I came to I found myself at a house party with a group of strangers. I wasn't sure how I had ended up there, possibly having met through contacts in the music industry.

There was something not quite right about the setting: the house appeared to also double as a sales point for weed, containing many varieties - all the colours of the marijuana rainbow - like a Dutch coffee shop. But this wasn't the problem.

I was discussing this with one of the other partygoers, a regular to this house and part of the owner's circle of friends. He mentioned the different strains and their respective effects. Ever the adventurer, I was curious as to how it all worked. That was until he went on to say that most of the attendees don't appreciate the variety, they only sell it to support their smack habits. It was at that moment that I realised he too was smacked out.

Not. My. Scene.

I was immediately looking for ways to extract myself from the situation.

(from a 0630 dream)

Not a horrid or uncomfortable dream - I was in control throughout - but it highlights something I'm always wary of, especially around other musicians: the abuse of addictive and soul-destroying substances. I distance myself from such types.

I'm all for the expanding of consciousness in safe environments, and within limits, but escapism does not appeal to me. Life is far too beautiful.

Speaking of which...

Nikki Sixx - Life Is Beautiful

-

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Unfortunately I did wake up in s similar situation (in a past life).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be scary stuff. Glad you came out of it intact.

    I've been in a few similar situations, it freaked me out a little when I was younger but quickly became jaded to it, which was the point when I realized I couldn't be friends with _everyone_, so I performed a mass culling and shut myself off from anyone who I thought would negatively influence me.

    One of the best things I've ever done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...