Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day112 - Satisfaction

Today was my first day back on the Wii after nine, including the week I was away. After a week of being slack I'd gained a couple of Kg's so not too bad considering the lack of sleep and inaccessibility of my regular diet. It was also my first gym session since arriving back in Oz, and wow did it feel fantastic.

While in NZ I'd caught up with a good friend and we hit the gym together. He's slightly taller than me, and at xmas we were pretty much matched in weight: me at 98Kg, him at 99Kg.

My goal has been strength maintenance while cutting, his has been strength increases and bulking. At our current respective 82Kg and 134Kg, the difference is amazing. He's having a great time powerlifting but I have serious reservations about the sustainability of that kind of activity. I'm slightly below our shared ideal BMI and feel fantastic. I can't imagine ever being heavier again, but I will only workout as much as I am prepared to maintain for life, which is two split workouts 1-2 times per week, with yoga almost daily.

His posture was so much better a year ago, now it's back to a similar poor form from when he was obese, and he's also developed a cyst on his lower back that needs surgical removal. That would be a major alarm bell for me.

At least this time he's carry more muscle than fat. He's almost 10 years younger than me, so there's a bit more abuse his body can take. I just hope he doesn't do any long-term damage. Still, I can only mention the change I've noticed, and it's up to him to heed or shun. Friends must follow their own paths.

-

Days of the New - Solitude

"
You are
You are
You are You
Get used to it
Open
"

-

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...