Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day101 - Coffee and Clothing

"The best coffee in Castle Hill" read the sign. Unfamiliar with this area of greater Sydney I had nothing to compare it to, but the shop caught my attention: serving as both a women's clothing store & coffee shop. The barista informed me that since putting out the sign, her business had tripled. It worked on me.

The mocha was good, but the cup it was served in (pictured) added a special glow to the afternoon, reminding me oddly of golden eyes.

I found the place last week on my way back from a day spent with a client further Northwest. I enjoy visiting clients so far out - I typically take a bus, as I so enjoy the relaxing time to read, listen, contemplate.

I had an interesting trip out, chronicling most of it on my phone in an email before the Blackberry suddenly burped and it was gone.

There was the part about the series of retirement communities that the bus went through, each bringing additional olfactory bouquets as the seniors boarded. I wondered if they realised just how much they filled the air with such lovely scents, or whether their smell had changed to the point where they were using more perfume than they otherwise would have. Either way, I enjoyed.

Then there was the client: a rotund ball of a man, obviously killing himself slowly with excessive food consumption, but add to that cigarettes, I'm guessing zero exercise, the stress of running a branch office with 80 employees, and empty king-size full-sugar energy drink cans strewn about the place, I felt happy that I was not treating my own body with such disrespect. He made me want to get on the floor and do crunches. It was kind of sad.

I felt very much in touch with the universe that day, and at the same time disjointed, juxtaposed with myself.

Some days brimming with energy, brimming with pure love. The frequency of these days is increasing. Some days there are the lucky recipients who catch a glimpse, sometimes more. I'm experiencing life on a different level than I did a year ago. I've learnt that there truly are others who see beyond, can see me. When I look at someone, I really do look into them. Looking for that spark. I've had a taste of this and I want more.

As rare as I know it is.

-

Hysteria is one of the greatest albums ever made. Production-wise a 10/10. The songwriting is amazing - almost a concept album, the lyrics speak of love, sexuality, and the mindsets behind each. I'm not a fan of many of their other albums, in fact I only really like a few songs out of their entire non-Hysteria catalogue, but I come back to this album every few years and blows my mind every time. I saw these guys live a year or 2 back - it was one of the best live shows I've seen in terms of energy & professionalism - comparable to Pink & Justin Timberlake.

Def Leppard - Love Bites

"When you make love, do you look in the mirror?
Who do you think of, does he look like me?
Do you tell lies and say that it's forever?
Do you think twice, or just touch and see?

When you're alone, do you let go?
Are you wild and willing or is it just for show?"

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...