Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day102 - Opportune and 22 Degrees

Today hit 22°C in the city - not bad for an early Spring day. I'm at my most comfortable with fewer layers of clothing on. I could easily live in just shorts. ...or less probably - I love skinny dipping. My first time was in a river near my spiritual homeland, Whangamata, NZ, with a friend I'd known since kindergarten. He and I had already been through a lot together, so the company felt natural and we were completely at ease. I knew before then that I had no shame, and that day was a reaffirmation. Everything glowed with a gentle Sun's light. Bushwalkers on the ridge above didn't worry us. I can still taste the air from that day.

Another was during a date, the two of us picnicked amongst the trees in a reserved area of bush. At dusk we wandered along the track through lush vegetation to a small lake with waterfall - an area known as the Cascades. The moon was out. We were alone. We made love on a boulder overlooking the water. As the moon went down, time grew late, we stumbled back through the bush in near-darkness, with only glow worms imitating stars to the side of us as we walked hand in hand.

If there's one lesson I've learnt well in life it is to not pass up opportunities when they present.

The unknown quantity is in how long they will be available to you.

Strike while the iron is hot, or the will is molten.

-

Def Leppard - Animal

"I cry wolf, giving mouth to mouth
Like a moving heartbeat, in the witching hour
I'm running with the wind, a shadow in the dust
And like the driving rain
Yeah, like the restless rust
I never sleep"

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...