Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day150 - Thieves

Over the weekend there was a burglary in the office where I'm based. I find it kind of amusing how they stole all of the Apple laptops - including mine - and left everything else. They were tempted however - going as far as booting up a PC before abandoning it. I guess it wasn't shiny enough.

Some folk on the floor felt violated but I'm surprised at how apathetic I was to it all. Maybe because nothing personal was taken. Maybe it was because I never liked that laptop anyway. Maybe because I just don't care enough about replaceable material property - I enjoy aesthetics, I love to touch, feel, utilise material tools, but if I lose something it doesn't pain me as much as it might once have. I can't be too cut up about losing something when there are so many intangibles that outweigh materials.

Still, a thief is no friend of mine and I would be pissed off if my home was burgled, if for no other reason than it's just not polite at all. Like queue jumpers, those bastards.

One of the few physical confrontations I've ever had was with - what I had previously considered - a friend who I caught red-handed pilfering my goodies to sell for drug money. I learnt the meaning of "seeing red" that day. Not my style at all.

When it comes down to it, most things are replaceable, and even those that aren't you never really lose, for everything comes from the same coalesced patch of stardust anyway.

-

Rolling Stones - Time Waits For No One

"
Yes, star crossed in pleasure, the stream flows on by
Yes, as we're sated in leisure, we watch it fly

Time can tear down a building or destroy a woman's face
Hours are like diamonds, don't let them waste

Men, they build towers to their passing yes, to their fame everlasting
Here he comes chopping and reaping, hear him laugh at their cheating

Drink in your summer, gather your corn
The dreams of the night time will have vanished by dawn
"

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...