Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Monday, October 4, 2010

Day148 - Frasier

It's taken me a couple of years, an episode or 2 here & there, temporary loss of interest, various other distractions, but I've finally made my way through the entire series. I'm going to miss it.

Today I found myself once again learning relationship lessons from Frasier, and again upon realising this, thinking "oh dear", before chuckling to myself.

I remember Michael Stipe of REM commenting on a similar experience about one day listening to a love song on the radio after a relationship breakup and thinking "wow, that's me", then the next song came on and him thinking "wow, that's me", and so on.

***spoiler warning***

During the series' run Frasier went through dozens of relationships before chancing upon The One. Or, as I like to term it, "one of The Ones". That final relationship lasted a fleeting 3 weeks, each fully aware of the end before setting course but they went for it anyway. I'm a romantic at heart, maybe tragically so, but adore this - love with a twist of tragedy, yet triumph through adversity, love wins in the end:

"I've had enough easy goodbyes, I'm kind of glad to have the chance to have another tough one"

He sits alone, while his brother is happily partnered and with a newborn, his father happily partnered, and he opens the apartment door to listen to and smell the rain.

Then right around the corner, a life change and the next women enters.

New horizons.

I don't recall any other TV show that ended its run with a poetry recital.

"
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down:
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
"
Ulysses (Tennyson)

-

Awesome little fractal animation I came across today:



-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...