Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day45

6 months ago I was 98Kg - around 5Kg above my average for 2009, after a debaucherous couple of weeks consuming xmas abundance.

Today my average is 81Kg, slightly below my ideal BMI (which appears to be fairly accurate for my height 195cm).

I'm around 10% weaker than I was at xmas, but 100% more comfortable in my own skin. I'm approximately the weight I was in high school, but much stronger & toned. I've managed a loss of 1Kg since setting my current goal of 77Kg a week ago. This time I will be shedding weight without muscle atrophy. I never thought I'd be below 88Kg again, and surprized at how at home I am. I've stripped away enough layers so that I can see the outline of the top 4 abdominal muscles. I've always had strong abs, but now my goal is to actually see them with definition. This will be a lifetime first for me.

I've been strength training on & off since high school, and without pause for the last 8-9 years, but yoga has given me a fresh start. Energized & revitalized. I'm in so much more tune with my body. I would recommend it to anyone.

I've not had a major back strain for a decade - thanks to my adoption of daily back extensions. My shortened hamstrings are now alot longer - attempting to extend my legs perpendicular to my body now yields a 165º angled hamstring & calf, rather than 150º. One day I hope to extend the full 180º - I've never been able to keep my legs straight & touch my toes.

For now, I'm happy with the progress I've made. My subsequent knee injuries preclude me from some exercises, but the frequency of pain is reducing.

Health-wise, things are going well.

Distractions.

Ramones - The KKK Took My Baby Away

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...