Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day274 - Dedicated

As a tall lad, I grew up being unable to lift my own body weight, ever since the first time I attempted a pull-up in early high school.

I managed one.

Yes, a single pull-up. But it didn't count anyway as I used the momentum of jumping off the floor to reach chin to bar (ie I cheated).

Today at the gym I was thoroughly happy with my progress - I managed 3 sets of pull-ups: 4-3-2, a new personal best =)

It may not seem like much at first glance, but bear in mind that these were performed after an intense pec & bicep resistance workout - the final squeeze of muscle, the last gasp of sinew.

In line with my February re-focusing of Self, I've been hitting the gym every 2 to 2.5 days (alternating morning/night workouts) - possibly a little too frequently but it's nice to shake up the routine now & then and shock the body in the process.

I've really come alive lately. I love the motivation I've been privileged to harness & am grateful for the inspiration of those who provide it on a daily basis, especially those who occasionally take the time to read my words. I don't require a huge audience - in fact my favourite blogs have a small number of followers and I love the community that grows up around them. I'm just happy to have an audience of beautiful ones, who inspire me in return. It means a lot to me.

-

This just happens to be playing right now. One of my top 10 favourite songs of all time.

Dedicated to all the lovers.

You know who you are.

The Black Crowes - Descending

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...