Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day252 - If Only...

Today in a fit of introspection, I pondered my singing voice after receiving what I consider to be the highest compliment ever: that I sound similar to one of my favourite artists. I've heard this before and I'm sure there's much emulation there, mixed in with a natural affinity, but as part of my current introspective jaunt I've been seriously pondering the potential of my voice, both speaking and singing, and this had me thinking further - all part of knowing one's own limitations & degrees of personal power.

In the comparison I can hear similarities, but objectively comparing one's own voice to another is one of the most difficult skills to master, so in this I really do rely on the opinion of others.

Still, I wonder if anyone's ever heard their own voice and thought, "wow, I sound fantastic!"... while indeed actually sounding fantastic.

If only...

-

The man in reference, performing one of my favourite Dando tunes:

Evan Dando - All My Life [live, Sydney 2001]

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...