Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day246 - Deluge

Amidst the downpour and uprising - a watery vice squeezing from all sides, evincing tears from those in the middle - I indulged in chat with lovely company: strange, yet familiar, but always comfortable and essentially inspiring, a fast track to friendship, of knowledge and knowing, dually trusted and safe.

Glad to be invited. Glad the rains came. Glad to do it again.

-

My earliest recollection of this song was on a Lemonheads B-side, with the voice of the ever-beautiful Evan Dando shining through, in all his husky brilliance. Little did I know then it's origins; written by Mike Nesmith of the Monkees, popularized by Linda Ronstadt (with the Stone Poneys), somehow known to me before I'd ever heard it:

Evan Dando - Different Drum [live]

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...