Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day317 - Fucking and Punching

The title comes from a fictional novel from Californication - the wonderfully debaucherous show featuring a character based in part on the equally wonderful & debaucherous Charles Bukowski.

As another enjoyable season draws to a close, I can't help but admire David Duchovny's excellent physique. While forever a fan of the feminine form, a well-chiselled masculine body can be equally beautiful.

Arnold Schwarzenegger attained perfection in 1970, with the aid of steroids yes, but not to diminish the massive effort & determination that was the driving force. The problem with increasing mass to such an extent is the post-career leftovers - unless continuing to train for life, the body will wave goodbye to it's glory days and leave the owner with nothing but memories and a double appetite.

For a 50 year old, Duchovny has the "beautiful" part nailed - at least as far as the body goes.

When I see a man of his age in such good shape, the words ring in my ears: no excuses.

Also, and randomly, I've always thought that he has the eyes of Barney Rubble.

-

Karen: "If you were going to have sex with someone and you knew it would be the absolute last time, what do you think it would be like?"

Hank: "I think it would be incredibly sad."

Karen: "Yeah, so do I. Make me sad."

-

Reunion (complete with the return of the handlebar-moustached bassist) and album #3 on it's way!

Click to listen: The Darkness- Love is Only a Feeling

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...