Once Bitten...

*** I have resumed re-writing & posting those updates which Google had lost some months back. Once I'm finished with my April "butterflies" project I will unveil my new blog over at Wordpress. *** Much love to all, bobby 2011-09-14

Inspiration, joy, beauty, Oneness, the spark of recognition...

Friday, November 5, 2010

Day180 - South

Since moving to Sydney 5 years ago, I've been planning the next step. As beautiful a city as it is, I never planned to live here forever. Of course, there are several factors which would decide my fate in this respect, and I'm not adverse to living anywhere permanently but there are 3 places I've long considered as potential homes, even if temporary.

SE Qld
South-East Queensland has the climate I love, the relaxed pace that fits my temperament, and is home to some of the most beautiful and inspiring people I've met. It's possibly the front-runner as choice of destination as it's no farther than Sydney from Auckland, home of my Bubble. Unless I move into a career that enables frequent international travel and at least as much flexibility as I have now, she may not let me move too far away. Maybe music will take me there.

Le Midi
The South of France holds pure romanticism, anonymity, mystery, adventure. I would devour the challenge of being immersed in the language and culture. When I first arrived in Australia I felt relatively anonymous, but I would still bump into Kiwis I knew from time to time and of course after 5 years it's a common occurrence to accidentally meet local friends & aquaintances every other day. In Le Midi I imagine this would be taken to the next level and there's something about that which tickles the deepest recesses of my brain's inspiration receptors, if there is such a thing. I recently saw a documentary on the making of the Rolling Stones' 1972 album Exile on Main Street, recorded at Villefranche-sur-Mer in the Côte d'Azur, which only re-ignited my interest in the region. Minus the heroin. The proximity to Italy and southern Switzerland only enhances the pull.

SoCal
Southern California, whereof some of the greatest music has been borne. The climate is there, the people are lovely (like anywhere). I need to traverse more of this region, explore what is the gateway to a very beautiful country. Every year for the last half decade I have intended to apply for the diversity visa (aka green card lottery), if for no other reason than to keep my options open, let fate give me a nudge. I get excited every year as the visa entry submission period approaches. It's only open for 4 weeks, and every year without fail, life gets crazy and I miss the submission period for one reason or another. Same again this year.

The above being said, I really am comfortable anywhere and everywhere. A true child of the Earth, independant of political borders, home is where my feet are and is occasionally found in the arms of another.

-

An awesome cover of a non-Exile Stones track:

Fuel - Heartbreaker

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...